Diary of an old cheeser

Hi there! Like other blogs, this is my chance to wax lyrical (some might say talk utter cr*p) about a) what's happening in my life b) all of my pet obsessions in particular music, tv, movies, books and other generally connected things, quite often of the retro, old and "cheesy" variety. Hence the title of my blog. Feel free to leave a comment if the mood takes you. There's nothing like a good chinwag about one's favourite topics and besides I love to meet new people! Cheers, Simon

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Torchwood: Hardcore

Ahem. My fellow blogger Minge has set up an online petition for a more "adult" version of Torchwood, owing to some recent discussions we had. You can access it here

I confess, it was all my suggestion in the first place. Aren't I naughty??

Anyway, we need all the support we can get, so GO SIGN NOW!!

And it's bound to be much more interesting and watchable than boring old Torchwood: Declassified. If not Torchwood itself. (And you may have noticed I haven't yet posted any reviews of the final episodes owing to being severely underwhelmed by what I watched ... again. Reviews will be forthcoming. He said with some reluctance).

7 Comments:

  • At 10:11 pm , Blogger matty said...

    I signed for you guys! Tho, I won't get to see any of that action till it hits DVD!

     
  • At 10:28 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Well done Matty! Another convert to th cause!!

     
  • At 2:28 pm , Blogger TimeWarden said...

    I felt like that about writing a post on "The Runaway Bride"! And I can see myself feeling the same way over series three, unfortunately. I find it depressing, reviewing something I don't really like. I'd rather be ecstatic over something I truly admire than keep criticising RTD. Why review the "Torchwood" episodes if you don't want to?

    Having said that, I enjoyed the final pair of "TW" eps! Murray Melvin stole the show hands down. I love all that melodramatic dialogue. But when I analysed it, after the event, the stories fell apart. What happened to the UFOs over the Taj Mahal? What happened to all the illnesses let through the time rift? Hundreds of questions like those left unanswered. But only "TW" could follow "The Shining" with "Godzilla"!!!

     
  • At 4:30 pm , Blogger Minge said...

    We only have six signatures.

     
  • At 5:05 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Damn it!! Not enough!!

    Okay we have a few options:

    1. We sign as different people (tricky).
    2. We devise a nationwide(worldwide?) publicity campaign to attract as much attention to our cause as possible.

    Erm. Not sure how we can start off number 2.

     
  • At 11:36 pm , Blogger Minge said...

    How about we write the link on our bottoms and then scale Buckingham Palace in the nude? Not only will we get on telly, but we'll also be arrested by big hunky policemen with their truncheons out.

     
  • At 9:10 am , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    That sounds like a wonderful idea, but as you live in Scotland wouldn't it be difficult to arrange? You will need to book a ticket on GNER pronto.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home