Diary of an old cheeser

Hi there! Like other blogs, this is my chance to wax lyrical (some might say talk utter cr*p) about a) what's happening in my life b) all of my pet obsessions in particular music, tv, movies, books and other generally connected things, quite often of the retro, old and "cheesy" variety. Hence the title of my blog. Feel free to leave a comment if the mood takes you. There's nothing like a good chinwag about one's favourite topics and besides I love to meet new people! Cheers, Simon

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Oooh Miss Babs!

What on earth was Victoria Wood thinking, agreeing to star in all those ASDA adverts that they're showing at the moment?? Naff or what? Victoria love, I thought you had class!

Call me a snob, but I've always preferred Sainsbury's to cheap and nasty ASDA. Even Tescos is more stylish. I guess they must have slipped Ms Wood more than a few pocket-tapping coins to persuade her to star in the ads. But they make my flesh crawl.

Bring back "As Seen On TV"!! (Well in fact, it's just come out on DVD...ahhh, those were the days. Viva "Acorn Antiques"!!)
Honestly though. Bloomin' ASDA! It's enough to make even Mrs Overall choke on her macaroons.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:08 am , Blogger Steve said...

    Totally agree with you there. Any store that uses ass slapping as a marketing technique is ineffably down at heel!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home