Diary of an old cheeser

Hi there! Like other blogs, this is my chance to wax lyrical (some might say talk utter cr*p) about a) what's happening in my life b) all of my pet obsessions in particular music, tv, movies, books and other generally connected things, quite often of the retro, old and "cheesy" variety. Hence the title of my blog. Feel free to leave a comment if the mood takes you. There's nothing like a good chinwag about one's favourite topics and besides I love to meet new people! Cheers, Simon

Monday, May 07, 2007

Primarche

Primark have opened a new shop on Oxford Street. And it's fabulous.

Don't knock/mock Primark, ladies, gents and shopping queens. Okay, so once upon a time it was widely viewed as a kind of poor man's C & A, with its clothing for, ahem, financially challenged people. But check out your local Primark and you might be in for a pleasant surprise. Admittedly the clothes aren't exactly designer or the best ever quality to be found on the planet. But many a bargain can be found in Primark - t-shirts, tops, trousers, jeans, dresses etc - and even though their stuff might not last forever, some of it still looks pretty good. Check out the model-like temptress above, if you want proof. Yes she's wearing items from Primark. Move over Gucci, Galliano et al and hello Primarche!

Years ago when I lived in Brighton my flatmate and I used to relish visiting the Primark on Western Road and rooting through its racks for bargains. And when I was a citizen of Kilburn there was a Primark on Kilburn High Road, which was tres handy. It seems that Primark and I were fated to exist within close proximity of one another.

And now there's a brand new megastore on Oxford Street. I visited it last week and was pretty impressed. It's massive for one thing, and they've got loads of stock, all nicely laid out and accessible. There's even a mini homeware department with stuff like towels, duvets, candles and lamps - all very classy looking I should add. And the quality of the clothing has markedly improved. Stone washed, fashionably cut jeans for £8! Trendy t-shirts for £3! Funky ties for £4! I had to restrain myself from going too mad and picked up a few bargains, including a very nice duvet cover set. Mmm mmm!! I can kind of understand why all those customers rioted when it first opened - although blimey, looking at the story/pictures I'm rather glad I wasn't there on the day. Take my advice and go on a weekday rather than the weekend instead. But I can't recommend the place enough. Darling, you've simply GOT to go to PRIMARCHE!!

6 Comments:

  • At 7:00 am , Blogger Steve said...

    Hmm. There's something about those Primarche stockings that is hypnotizing me...

     
  • At 6:04 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Control yourself this instant Steve!

    Perhaps I should rename you Stephanie? Is there something you should be telling us?

     
  • At 5:22 am , Blogger TimeWarden said...

    I'm diggin' the gold top! Do you have her phone number?!!

     
  • At 7:01 am , Blogger Steve said...

    I have no trans-sexual issues to confess... though I would like to get into her stockings...!

     
  • At 9:03 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    I'll bet!!

     
  • At 10:53 am , Blogger JohnnyFox said...

    Do you think that fabric makes her m*nge hairs stand on end? ;-))

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home