Diary of an old cheeser

Hi there! Like other blogs, this is my chance to wax lyrical (some might say talk utter cr*p) about a) what's happening in my life b) all of my pet obsessions in particular music, tv, movies, books and other generally connected things, quite often of the retro, old and "cheesy" variety. Hence the title of my blog. Feel free to leave a comment if the mood takes you. There's nothing like a good chinwag about one's favourite topics and besides I love to meet new people! Cheers, Simon

Thursday, August 09, 2007

RESULT!!!!

Some of you might remember that I did a web design course a little while back. It was quite hard going but another useful skill to gain (although I confess I haven't gone anywhere near Dreamweaver, Flash etc since finishing). Anyway I emailed my tutor the other day as I hadn't heard anything about my result. I didn't think I was going to hear back as I got his out-of-office reply thingy saying he was away until the end of August! Oh no! But then lo and behold, I did get a response from him saying that my work had been assessed (production of a website and a written evaluation) and I had been awarded ....

...a DISTINCTION!!!

I can't believe it. I mean I know I did okay but I would have been more than happy with a Merit, even a Pass. I am completely over the moon!!

I think I'm having a lucky week as the bank we made the mortgage application to have finished their credit checking for me and Gustavo and they're happy with everything! Which means that the next step is the survey on the property. Provided there's nothing wrong with that they will go ahead and lend us the dosh to buy the flat. Yaaaaay!!!! Everything is going very smoothly and I'm chuffed to bits. Thank you, whoever is watching over me and my hubbie.

7 Comments:

  • At 5:56 pm , Blogger Steve said...

    Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't I say a while ago something about you getting a distinction...? :-) Well done.

     
  • At 8:06 pm , Blogger Unknown said...

    Congratulations!!! Knew you would do it. Glad to hear the flat is progressing too.

     
  • At 8:22 pm , Blogger Alan Fisher said...

    well done!

    talking about the flat, when are we getting to see some pics of it?

     
  • At 3:14 am , Blogger TimeWarden said...

    Congrats again, Simon! You're definitely having a good week!! Of course, you realise now everyone will be asking you to solve their computer problems!!!

     
  • At 8:51 pm , Blogger matty said...

    Wooo-hoo!!!!

    You're not lucky -- you worked damn hard for that distinction and you deserve it!

    And, congrats on the quick movement of the flat purchase. I've got all my fingers and toes cross'd for you!

    Now, don't stay away from Dreamweaver or Flash for too long!!! You've got to use it to retain it. ...at least that is what I hear the trainers at my work say over and over again!

     
  • At 3:26 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Thank you, all of you!!

    Steve - Yes I do remember saying that - an accurate prediction eh?! Is your real name Mystic Meg by any chance? I think you'd actually look quite fetching in a black bobbed wig, although I don't know what your other half might think...

    Mum - Thank you! Yes things are going well. And when are you going to start writing your own blog, Mummy? I think "Confessions of a librarian" might be a good name for it...

    Salty Sailor - Welllll - if things continue to go to plan I will try and post some flat pics soon, babes. But I'm being kind of cautious / superstitious as everything hasn't been confirmed yet so it's not 100% ours. Still waiting for the results of he survey. But fingers crossed eh?!

    Tim - Yes indeed! Oh my goodness I didn't think of that - perhaps I should set up my own IT Helpdesk or something...

    Matty - Thank you - it's true I did work for it and it was hard-going sometimes. So many technical things to think about!

    Thanks for the good wishes re: the flat too.

    You're absolutely right, if you don't keep practising with these things you tend to lose the skills...And erm, I haven't actually used Dreamweaver or Flash since I finished the course a few weeks ago! Ahem! So I do need to get back to it some time soon. Your trainers are right!

     
  • At 12:07 pm , Blogger Steve said...

    Hmm... a black bobbed wig, eh? Hmm. Yeah, you know I could quite go for that... the 6 numbers from this week's national lottery draw will be from between 1 and 49...

    I think the job's mine!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home