Diary of an old cheeser

Hi there! Like other blogs, this is my chance to wax lyrical (some might say talk utter cr*p) about a) what's happening in my life b) all of my pet obsessions in particular music, tv, movies, books and other generally connected things, quite often of the retro, old and "cheesy" variety. Hence the title of my blog. Feel free to leave a comment if the mood takes you. There's nothing like a good chinwag about one's favourite topics and besides I love to meet new people! Cheers, Simon

Monday, May 07, 2007

42!!

The next Dr Who story scheduled for transmission, 42, has been delayed by one week due to....The Eurovision Song Contest!! Which means no Dr Who now until Saturday 19 May!! NOOOOOO!! How will I cope?!!

Well. Okay. I suppose I can just about forgive the Beeb the fact that it's the cheesy, ultra-camp kitschness of Eurovision that will be taking the place of my beloved programme. At least it hasn't been cancelled because of...the bloody football. That would be a total and utter outrage (and a few weeks ago
Gridlock was almost cancelled because of the aforementioned sport almost running into extra time...and thank the lord it didn't). So please, no more delays like this again...

7 Comments:

  • At 7:04 am , Blogger Steve said...

    Just bear in mind that the week after the Eurovision is the FA Cup Final... or whatever those oafish footballers call their main competition! Extra time, anyone?

     
  • At 6:03 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Steve - Er, yes, I heard about that.....nooooo!! Extra time, we say, noooooooo!!

    Why does Dr Who always get the short end of the straw eh?

     
  • At 5:04 am , Blogger TimeWarden said...

    Good question but it always does! Don't the BBC realise it's the short-trouser brigade that are the real geeks!!

    But, gents, i am the bearer of good news... hopefully! I am reliably informed (by my Mum) that the FAC up Final starts earlier in the day than the Semis so, even with extra time, Graeme Harper's excellent looking, judging from the clip on "Parky", "42" will go out a week Saturday! :)

     
  • At 7:24 am , Blogger Steve said...

    FAC Up Final - love it!

     
  • At 11:50 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Hoorah!! Thanks for the good tidings, Timewarden - glad to hear it. Nothing should take away our Who, NOTHING!!

    Erm, call me silly but I am slightly missing the gag here - FAC Up Final? Explain please? Doh!!

     
  • At 7:03 am , Blogger Steve said...

    Pronounce it phonetically and I suspesct that all will be revealed!

     
  • At 9:03 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Oh....yes!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home