Diary of an old cheeser

Hi there! Like other blogs, this is my chance to wax lyrical (some might say talk utter cr*p) about a) what's happening in my life b) all of my pet obsessions in particular music, tv, movies, books and other generally connected things, quite often of the retro, old and "cheesy" variety. Hence the title of my blog. Feel free to leave a comment if the mood takes you. There's nothing like a good chinwag about one's favourite topics and besides I love to meet new people! Cheers, Simon

Monday, February 25, 2008

And now I'm bleedin' annoyed with Blogger!!

Erm, just went into the "settings" on Blogger earlier and saved a new template - which actually looks very similar to the one I was using only with a few "new features" - but it's now gone and f*cked up the paragraphing on loads of my previous posts!! They now look an unreadable mess! Why did this happen?!? I'll be damned if I'm gonna go back through all my old stuff and tidy it up. Not today anyway. Sorry folks.

But if any of you techno-boffins out there can assist, I'd be ever so grateful...

10 Comments:

  • At 9:43 pm , Blogger Deemer said...

    I tried to do that too once, and it messed up all the old posts. I remember there was a feature where you could revert back to the original. You have to play around with it...but probably on a day where little problems won't bug you. ( :

     
  • At 1:22 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Deemer - you are absolutely right - I found the "revert" feature and it worked a treat! Thanks for the hot tip.

    It's a shame as I liked some aspects of the new template but the messing up of the pargraphs was a serious side effect...

     
  • At 3:40 am , Blogger The Sagittarian said...

    Hi Simon,
    Have read all your recent posts and have been away with work hence my lack of "chat".
    I love your posts about the programmes, even tho' haven't seen the programmes you refer to. Why they haven't snapped you up as a writer I don't know!! You are great.
    I am still struggling with Blogger and the spelling thing...

     
  • At 1:33 pm , Blogger matty said...

    Oh, I'm sorry you had such a rough start to the week!

    And, when I was on "Blogger" it got to the point where I was afraid to do anything -- it was always losing my posts and changes.

    Anyway, did you feel the London earthquake?

     
  • At 7:11 am , Blogger matty said...

    where did ya go?

     
  • At 8:40 am , Blogger The Sagittarian said...

    Yeah, are you playing hard to get again mate??

     
  • At 2:26 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Sorry I've been quiet of late, darlings! Composing another novel-length post, for your delectation! I shall be back shortly!

    And Matty, I slept right through the earthquake - even though some colleagues apparently felt it. Honestly!

    Amanda - Thank you for your very kind words, m'dear! And you are a might fine poet. Sorry I haven't commented on your own blog recently. I liked the pics of the old car! Very NZ.

    Be back sooooon!

    OC XX

     
  • At 12:58 am , Blogger The Sagittarian said...

    You know what I find amazing? the fact that I can be so concerned about someone I haven't even met! (and that goes for you too Matty!!) And I don't mean that in a weird stalkerish way.
    Glad to hear that you're well and upright OC!

     
  • At 1:00 pm , Blogger Glenda Young said...

    You're now the same colour as me! Great minds think alike.

     
  • At 4:35 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Amanda - Yes it is strange, but although I've never met any of you "in the flesh" I do feel as if I've got to know you in a virtual sense. Every writer has their own voice and personality and you are all unique! It's nice that we're all concerned about one another even if we are on other sides of the world!

    Nora - Absolutely, although I have actually been a "pink" blogger for some time i.e. have always used this template!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home