Diary of an old cheeser

Hi there! Like other blogs, this is my chance to wax lyrical (some might say talk utter cr*p) about a) what's happening in my life b) all of my pet obsessions in particular music, tv, movies, books and other generally connected things, quite often of the retro, old and "cheesy" variety. Hence the title of my blog. Feel free to leave a comment if the mood takes you. There's nothing like a good chinwag about one's favourite topics and besides I love to meet new people! Cheers, Simon

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Ooooo-weeeee-ooooo!!

The BBC has just published a few teaser pictures for its forthcoming Dr Who Xmas special - hoorah!! And here they are:



Rather nice eh?? The TARDIS looks especially cute, festooned in wrapping paper. What a wonderful present that would make! And Dr Who + Xmas = a rather wonderful prospect / equation!!

But hang on ... what's that rather sinister looking spider-thing wrapping itself around the TARDIS ... ?? All will be revealed ...

I'm still suffering from a bloody cold / cough, which insists in clinging on. Grrrr. Still , by the time I'm sat on the sofa on Xmas Day, glass of egg nog in one hand and TV remote control in the other (watching the aforementioned special) I shall undoubtedly be in the peak of good health. At least I'm getting the germs bit out of the way now.

11 Comments:

  • At 11:54 pm , Blogger Minge said...

    More excitement than I can cope with. Web Of Fear II?

     
  • At 9:20 am , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Ooooh yes, could be, Minge! (And may I add, what a charming name). Apparently there is a la-deee spider villain in it.

     
  • At 10:34 am , Blogger Samarcand said...

    A female spider-villain. Hmmm... obviously the Black Cat then. Or Silver Sable.

    Oh wait.. you mean a villain who's a spider rather than a Spider-Man villain... My bad.

    And, incidentally, this made me realise how few female Spidey villains there are. Is Mr Parker some kind of sexist, men-only, superhero???

     
  • At 11:28 am , Blogger Glenda Young said...

    Sounds good to me! Crack open the QC Sherry!

     
  • At 2:22 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Yes Samarcand, a spider who is also of female gender. Will her name be Ms P Mantis? Ho ho ho.

    Female villains are often more interesting, in my opinion ... look at Servalan from Blake's. Evil + glamour + intelligence + campness = highly entertaining to watch. Okay, a spider isn't exactly "camp" but I'm sure they'll come up with something...

     
  • At 2:24 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    And Nora, I think I'll probably be drinking kahlua or tia maria, myself. We've all got out favourite Xmas tipples, eh pet?

     
  • At 10:37 pm , Blogger Minge said...

    Not Shelob?

     
  • At 11:57 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Just looked that one up and apparently "Shelob" is huge spider creature who appeared in Lord of The Rings!! Uggh!! What a strange mind you have, Minge! And how exactly do you propose I drink the aforementioned spider? Pop her into the liquidiser? Noooo!!!

     
  • At 7:25 pm , Blogger Minge said...

    Don't drink Shelob! She wouldn't like it!

    Can you do a post about Servalan? I loved her.

     
  • At 7:26 pm , Blogger Minge said...

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Servalan

     
  • At 10:10 am , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Minge! Will keep in mind your Shelob comment. The thought of drinking 10 pints of Diamond White and Carlsberg has more allure, quite frankly (and that combination once had a very bad effect on me circa 1992).

    I will do a post about Servalan in the near future! And thanks for the link.

    I think our fellow blogger Lubin Odana wrote about her at some point.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home