Diary of an old cheeser

Hi there! Like other blogs, this is my chance to wax lyrical (some might say talk utter cr*p) about a) what's happening in my life b) all of my pet obsessions in particular music, tv, movies, books and other generally connected things, quite often of the retro, old and "cheesy" variety. Hence the title of my blog. Feel free to leave a comment if the mood takes you. There's nothing like a good chinwag about one's favourite topics and besides I love to meet new people! Cheers, Simon

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Groovy motor, Ms Smith!


Last night on the way home from the gym I passed a very groovy car, exactly like the one above. A Nissan Figaro apparently. Not that I'm an expert on cars or anything. I can't even drive.

The main reason I'm mentioning this
is that it's exactly the same car as the one driven by Sarah-Jane Smith in the recent Sarah Jane Adventures. Fabulous-looking with a distinctly retro/old skool style. Which could also be said about the driver. And probably why the Beeb chose the car.

Talking of which, it's high time that I wrote a review of the Sarah Jane Adventures. I'm slipping...

3 Comments:

  • At 3:18 am , Blogger TimeWarden said...

    I don’t think people realise that when Elisabeth Sladen recorded “Invasion of the Bane”, she was the same age as William Hartnell when he relinquished playing the Doctor! She’s just celebrated her 59th on 1st Feb. And I remember RTD saying he would never cast an older Doctor which is essentially what he did in “The Sarah Jane Adventures”!! She seemed to manage OK. Still, they say 50 is the new 30 which is just as well for all of us!!!

     
  • At 12:37 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Yes Lis Sladen looks good on it. I can't quite believe she's 59. I think she comes across as younger than her years which helps, although paradoxically in SJA she had a kind of lived-in, "been there" quality about her too. After all consider all the adventures she's been through so far - she's done and learnt a lot!

    I hope you're right about being 50 Tim!!

     
  • At 3:20 pm , Blogger matty said...

    I want that car!!! I can drive! ...unless it is stick shift. Last time I drove a stick shift I was 14 and I suspect I've forgotten how!

    ...also, I am a very bad driver. But, I've got a license!!! LOL!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home