Diary of an old cheeser

Hi there! Like other blogs, this is my chance to wax lyrical (some might say talk utter cr*p) about a) what's happening in my life b) all of my pet obsessions in particular music, tv, movies, books and other generally connected things, quite often of the retro, old and "cheesy" variety. Hence the title of my blog. Feel free to leave a comment if the mood takes you. There's nothing like a good chinwag about one's favourite topics and besides I love to meet new people! Cheers, Simon

Friday, May 11, 2007

Weston Super Mud...

...as a friend of mine once referred to Weston. Probably because the sea goes out a very long way leaving a vast expense of mud and sand. Actually if that sounds horrid, it wasn't really. The muddy bits seemed to be all round the Pier and the rest was mainly sand. But if you want to take a dip you've got a bit of a way to walk... Anyway I know some of you fellow bloggers informed me about the cheesy, high tack quotient in Weston. Yep there were lots of naff seaside shops and a preponderance of chavvy looking people (snob alert!) not to mention a high proportion of OAPs. But personally I found the place was very relaxed and pleasant, kind of like a West Country equivalent of Stepford. Anyway, in addition to our Cheddar visit, we spent some time in Weston itself, which was verra nice...It was refreshing to go somewhere where people were friendly and polite for another thing and not rushing about at a million miles per hour...

The main high street - actually had some good shops!

I can't remember exactly what this "monument" was mean to be, but I liked it!

Ladies and gentleman...the Grand Pier!!

Ladies and gentlemen...I give you...the beach!! Rather nice isn't it. I much prefer sandy beaches to stoney ones...

The posse pose to perfection by the Pier (and which writing technique have I used here, readers? Answers on a seaside postcard please...)

As you can see, I did eat and drink rather a lot during my stay, hence the sudden ballooning effect. I'm not sure if the striped bathing suit, erm, suits me though, madam.

Gustavo looks kind of cute with the ringlets, but I prefer him a bit...slimmer, shall we say.

On our way ooop the Pier.

Stopping for another saucy seaside photo. Actually it's not that saucy.

We then worked our way into the amusement arcade at the end of the Pier. These machines drive me mad, with all the coins perched precariously, as though just one coin will be enough to send the rest toppling down. It never works like that, does it?

A-ha! The dodgems!! Great fun, didn't last long enough, though!

Come back husband! I'm gonna ram you up the bottom!! (Your dodgem bottom, that is).

About to enter the Castle of Doom, aaaah haaaa haaaa!! It lasted about 30 seconds and wasn't scary atall. Probably owing to the fact that I'm not 8 years old any more.

And on the way home, some of the posse stopped to try on some hats. Trip to Ascot, anyone?

Couldn't resist taking a shot from this charity shop window. Very Mrs Thatcher and high glam, indicative of what the classier Weston residents like to wear...

5 Comments:

  • At 6:12 pm , Blogger Steve said...

    I've spent so much time in Weston over the years, visiting my friends who live there, that it's really odd to see someone else's photos of the place!

     
  • At 8:44 pm , Blogger Minge said...

    How fabulous! I fell like I went with you. Nice tits, btw - and can we see more ramming, please?

     
  • At 6:04 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Steve - I can imagine! Still great minds eh, visiting such a hot, exotic, happening place...

    Minge - Erm, oh dear, I'm coming over all shy and embarrassed now...can't think why...

     
  • At 6:19 pm , Blogger matty said...

    This looks like so much fun! I'd love it!

    I wanna go!

    Great pix!!!

     
  • At 4:11 pm , Blogger Minge said...

    That's not like you, hen!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home