Diary of an old cheeser

Hi there! Like other blogs, this is my chance to wax lyrical (some might say talk utter cr*p) about a) what's happening in my life b) all of my pet obsessions in particular music, tv, movies, books and other generally connected things, quite often of the retro, old and "cheesy" variety. Hence the title of my blog. Feel free to leave a comment if the mood takes you. There's nothing like a good chinwag about one's favourite topics and besides I love to meet new people! Cheers, Simon

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Blinkin' Testcard

Hello boys and girls. I'm a Weeping Angel. But you can call me Wendy. As you can see, they've ditched the old "Testcard" girl and replaced her with me. Well, let's face it, she was very dated with that red top, headband and long hippy dippy hair. I think I'm far more alluring. Albeit in a stony grey kind of way.

As you can see, I'm attempting to play a game of noughts and crosses with that scary looking clown on the right. Only problem is, not only is he missing a piece of chalk, he also doesn't seem to have any arms. Which makes things kind of difficult.

As for me, my chalk's all ready to go! But it's kind of pointing in the wrong direction and it actually looks like I'm trying to grope the clown's naughty bits. Oh dear. I assure you that is NOT my intention. Not that the clown has any bits anyway. He looks rather...smooth in that area, shall we say. But then again, so were Action Man and Barbie, weren't they?

Anyhow my darlings, I'm going off the point ever so slightly. My real purpose for being here is to announce that Simon, a.k.a. Old Cheeser, will be going on sabbatical for a few weeks, due to a "hectic schedule". Apparently he's rather busy with numerous things at present - finishing off a website for his course, having to do some extra work for an examination board in addition to his full time job - it's all mounting up, my lovelies!

Consequently, my cheesy colleague will be absconding from blogging duties for a short while and would like to apologise for any disappointment or inconvenience caused. Normal services should be resumed from Saturday 7th July onwards. The cheeser will return after this time with copious Dr Who reviews (the series will have finished by then and the finale looks set to be a corker!), some commentary on the latest series of Big Brother (they've got some homosexual men in the house now apparently, hoorah!) and a delicious assortment of other posts.

However like anyone else he does like to take a break from his workload and will still be visiting his fellow blogger's sites and leaving comments where he can. Rest assured you are NOT forgotten.

Right. Better get back to this game of n&n with the clown.
Yes Mr Clown, you're taking on a serious opponent here. Don't blink. Don't even blink. Blink and you're dead. Don't turn your back, don't look away, and DON'T blink. Oh, and good luck.

This is Wendy the Weeping Angel signing off! Bye, darlings!!

11 Comments:

  • At 12:57 pm , Blogger Steve said...

    Emjoy your sabbatical - I look forward to your return (and hopefully to see your sparkly new web site).

     
  • At 12:59 pm , Blogger Steve said...

    That should, of course, have been "enjoy" and is not at all a reference to ex BB reprobate Emily Parr...

     
  • At 2:41 pm , Blogger matty said...

    Have fun! ...and, if you're working -- don't work too hard. Life was never meant to be spent working to pay for credit cards and mortgages. It is now a reality but I think that when we're all old and sitting in a retirement home we will regret all the hours we spent working for 'the man' and siting in re-circulated air cubicles.

    And, don't be gone too long!!! Drop me a line when you return!!!!

    I always like the girl with the bad bangs!

     
  • At 3:12 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Thanks boys!

    Steve - Ahem, yes, well the sparkly website is taking time but I will get there! One day I should be able to share my results with y'all, at the moment it's still in its infancy...And I think you have Ms Parr on the brain hence the "Em"-ism!

    Matty - Cheers! Unfortunately I do have to knuckle down the next few weeks and it will be more work than play - though some breaks are required of course. Normally I do manage to get the right balance between work and leisure - blogging is one of my favourite occupations for example!

    And I will indeed say a big HELLO to the faggoty fag from Gay Town on my return!!

    Ah! So you've seen the testcard - do you have an equivalent over in the US? Actually I could just see you as the new Testcard girl, with B as the clown!! (just kidding!)

     
  • At 8:18 pm , Blogger MOTHER OF MANY said...

    Love the test card, definitely better than the original.

     
  • At 2:56 am , Blogger TimeWarden said...

    "Life was never meant to be spent working to pay for credit cards and mortgages." Here, here! I'm with you on that one, Matty, 100%!!

    Looking forward to your return in three weeks, Simon. I'll miss reading your "Doctor Who" reviews!

     
  • At 8:26 pm , Blogger Glenda Young said...

    No! Not the weeping angels! I think I screamed aloud during that episode of Dr Who. Ok, I did scream aloud. And I'm 42 you know.

     
  • At 9:12 pm , Blogger matty said...

    miss your postings

     
  • At 3:44 am , Blogger TimeWarden said...

    Hope all's well for you, Simon, in old Londinium?

     
  • At 1:34 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Hi everyone!

    Yes I am still alive....just about. And the end is nigh...my web design course is now over (thank the lord) and by this weekend I should have some more time on my hands, so hopefully normal blogging services will shortly resume...watch this space!

    And Mother of Many - thank you, I agree! I should submit the new testcard to the Beeb right away.

    Nora - you're never too old to be scared, chuck!

    Matty - thanks babe, I'll be back...

    Tim - things are not so bad, just been hectic...give me just a little more time, as Kylie said...of course we all know about her and DW don't we??! Not to mention a certain Ms Tate - oh dear - more on that casting "decision" later - although I have just written a humungous reply to your post so if you check that you'll see my thoughts anyway!!

    In fact there's been rather a lot of happenings since my last post(well in the Doctor Who world at any rate - who cares about any?thing else?!!) Therefore rather a lot to catch up on. Aaaah!!!

    Simon x

     
  • At 4:10 am , Blogger TimeWarden said...

    Many thanks, Simon, for your humungous reply. Always appreciate a big one!

    Look forward to reading your further thoughts on the subject in the fullness of time!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home