Diary of an old cheeser

Hi there! Like other blogs, this is my chance to wax lyrical (some might say talk utter cr*p) about a) what's happening in my life b) all of my pet obsessions in particular music, tv, movies, books and other generally connected things, quite often of the retro, old and "cheesy" variety. Hence the title of my blog. Feel free to leave a comment if the mood takes you. There's nothing like a good chinwag about one's favourite topics and besides I love to meet new people! Cheers, Simon

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Weekend hangover ... Part Two

I seem to be making a habit of this.

As you know, last night I was in a celebratory mood due to the good news about the flat...so me, Gustavo and his cousin Graca who's staying with us decided to crack open the wine...followed by more wine...then vodka...followed by yet more wine....

Once again I am suffering rather badly today. And I'm not quite sure why I'm admitting to this, as you will all no doubt think me a very undignified Cheeser, but I ended up puking up next to the bed last night. I couldn't even be bothered to get up and go to the bathroom. What a scumbag!! The carpet still, ahem, needs cleaning. Perhaps I should invite me old pal Donna Noble round and ask her to lick it up. Yum.

That's quite enough revolting revelations.

Back in the real world, Gerry has just been evicted from the Big Brother house and amidst my drunken shenanigans last night I did manage to catch this. As you will have noticed I haven't written about BB since the whole Emily/racism debacle and that was positively yonks ago. That's most likely cos I kind of gave up on it ages ago and well, I did go through a rather busy period too which meant that BB viewing wasn't exactly a priority in my oh-soooo-hectic existence. Plus I didn't really take to many of the housemates. And now most of the real drama queens - e.g. Charley - have already been booted out or left of their own accord- e.g. Chanelle - people I probably couldn't bear to be around for five minutes in real life but who nevertheless made for very entertaining viewing. And now Gerry's aaaaart! I started off quite liking him but over the weeks on BB (on the occasions I watched it) he did undergo something of a transformation, becoming rather moody, arrogant and tactiturn. And as the others noticed he could be something of an intellectual snob, thinking himself to be "above" the others. Just the kind of queen I don't like. However he wasn't without his positive side which we saw right at the end when he begged the "Gurus" to vote him out and keep Carole in so she could win the money. Awww.

Now this leaves an even less interesting bunch of housemates to fight it out to the final. I don't want Ziggy to win as he's even more arrogant and up himself than Gerry was i.e. he's like that all the time. The twins, nice though they are, are way too insipid and anodyne. Carole is a grumpy old cow and actually reminds me of Judy Bryant from Prisoner Cell Block H:

Judy from Prisoner

Carole from BB

See what I mean?

The rest of the housemates I don't care two hoots about quite frankly. So there.

What else. Saturdays are just not the same without Dr Who. I have however been recently watching the Second Series of Dante's Cove on DVD, which - if possible - is even trashier than Series One. More on that one later. I think I'm going to go and watch an episode of Space:1999 in a moment actually. A nice way to unwind on a Saturday afternoon whilst nursing one's hangover. Unlike those poor inhabitants of Moonbase Alpha, at least I'm not hurtling through space on an out of control Moon!

In fact since I started writing this I'm actually feeling much better (that's cos I begun this post a few hours ago...how slow am I?)

Clearing up the vomit can wait. Oh! Hark! I hear the sound of the doorbell! Come in Miss Noble - yes, your dinner's on the floor next to the bed - sorry it fell off the plate...

Hope you're all having a fabulous weekend.

The OC xxx

8 Comments:

  • At 12:55 am , Blogger Minge said...

    Sorry you spewed.

    Judy was my favourite character. I loved her.

    Do you remember the halfway house?

     
  • At 8:22 am , Blogger Steve said...

    Ah - carpet chunks! Now that it is a sign of a very good time had by all! There's something fabulously debauched about not even bothering to get up to go to the bathroom. I recall a party in my late teens where a friend got so spectacularly smashed that he very neatly threw up into his own shoes that he'd taken off and placed on the floor next to the sofa that he'd crashed out on. Very funny.

    Not so funny or fabulously to clean it up the next day I'd imagine... rubber gloves and face mask time!

     
  • At 12:55 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Minge - Thanks hen.

    It's true, old Jude was a bit of a diamond. Big, maternal and cuddly. She started off quite tough but mellowed as time went on.

    I do remember the halfway house - the naff plywood set - and they changed it a few times didn't they? Wally Wallis, of course, Judy's associate (and a character with one of the silliest names in soap history...)The women "extras" who usually had scraps over who was using the hairdryer etc.

    Steve - Ha ha!! You're right, I WAS being debauched! And why the hell not? I like the story about your friend, that is very organised of him.

    Anyway a few quick scrubs yesterday and it was all gone. Hurrah!

     
  • At 4:21 pm , Blogger DanProject76 said...

    If Carole IS Judy Bryant she'll be back in the house about three days after her inevitable eviciton.

     
  • At 11:01 pm , Blogger The Sagittarian said...

    Actaully, Steve's message jogged my memory back about 20 years; a freind of mine (truly, wasn't me) had a hard night out, took the train home and barfed in her handbag. No problems so far. Her erstwhile mate let her intot eh house and tucked her up nicely. The real hilarity came when she got to work the next day and opened her bag to get her building pass. I would have paid money to watch the look on her face that day.

     
  • At 2:10 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Dan - Yes, and back on the steam press in no time.

    Oh, that was Bea Smith's job wasn't it?

    Sagittarian - great story!!

    Maybe I should do a post on "Best/Most Horrendous Getting Drunk stories". There've been some pretty good anecdotes already.

     
  • At 2:55 pm , Blogger Lubin said...

    I've given up on BB this year. Leslie leaving was a big shame. I had high hopes.

     
  • At 10:52 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Lubin - Yes it's not been one of the best. Leslie could have made it interesting. A lot of the really explosive characters have already gone. Not much drama left.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home