Diary of an old cheeser

Hi there! Like other blogs, this is my chance to wax lyrical (some might say talk utter cr*p) about a) what's happening in my life b) all of my pet obsessions in particular music, tv, movies, books and other generally connected things, quite often of the retro, old and "cheesy" variety. Hence the title of my blog. Feel free to leave a comment if the mood takes you. There's nothing like a good chinwag about one's favourite topics and besides I love to meet new people! Cheers, Simon

Friday, August 17, 2007

Quote of the week - Queer

Here, lesbians and gentleman, are some "Queer"-themed quotes for your delectation ... relish 'em!!

"Would you be surprised to know that this rough, tough individual was wearing pink satin undies under his rough exterior clothing? He is. This person is a transvestite, a man who is more comfortable wearing girls' clothes. One might say: There but for the grace of God go I" - Narrator, Glen or Glenda (1953) (I suppose that one's more trannie than gay, but what the hell...)

"Honey, I'm more man than you'll ever be - and more woman than you'll ever get" - Antonio Fargad to gay bashers, Car Wash (1976)

"Bring them out that we may kno-o-ow them" - uncredited drag queen with intense eye makeup in the Sodom and Gomorrah segment, The Bible (1966)

"There's something that gives me a queer feeling every time I look at you" - Cary Grant to Katherine Hepburn, Sylvia Scarlett (1953)

"That was Somerset Maugham on the telephone. He always gives me the queerest feeling" - Gene Tierney, The Razor's Edge (1946)

"Out where they say, 'Let us be Gay' - I'm going to Hollywood!" - Bing Crosby, Going Hollywood (1933)

"For two bachelors, you seem to know a great deal about what women wear" - Maureen O' Sullivan, Tarzan and His Mate (1934)

"Oh honey, I'd be so happy if you turned nelly. Queers are just better. I'd be so proud if you was a fag and had a nice beautician boyfriend. I'd never have to worry. I worry you'll wortk in an office, have children, celebrate wedding anniversaries. The world of a heterosexual is a sick and boring life!" - Edith Massey to her nephew, Female Trouble (1974)

"Ted Casablanca is not a fag! And I'm the dame to prove it!" - Patty Duke, Valley of the Dolls (1967)

Okay, confession time. I've been taking these quotes from a rather good book someone once gave me as a pressie called "Nice Girls Don't Wear Cha-Cha Heels! Camp lines from Classic Films". Yes it's cheating I know! But unless you good people send me some better ones, just what IS a boy to do? Hint, not very subtle hint...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home