Diary of an old cheeser

Hi there! Like other blogs, this is my chance to wax lyrical (some might say talk utter cr*p) about a) what's happening in my life b) all of my pet obsessions in particular music, tv, movies, books and other generally connected things, quite often of the retro, old and "cheesy" variety. Hence the title of my blog. Feel free to leave a comment if the mood takes you. There's nothing like a good chinwag about one's favourite topics and besides I love to meet new people! Cheers, Simon

Friday, January 18, 2008

He's the greatest robot yet....

...well I might just argue against that statement actually.

But does anyone remember THIS?? If you're as old as me, you might!

And it's coming out on DVD! Yeee-hah for even more retro TV, unleashed upon the nation!!

10 Comments:

  • At 6:21 pm , Blogger Steve said...

    God I remember this! Mickey Dolenz from the Monkees was the director or producer or something... I have fond memories of the actress who played the gran. Not that I knew her personally though...!

     
  • At 1:57 am , Blogger Deemer said...

    Don't know this, but I will have to counter and say that Twinkie from Buck Rogers is the coolest Robot ever?

     
  • At 3:40 am , Blogger TimeWarden said...

    B-b-b-b-beep!

     
  • At 3:50 pm , Blogger Unknown said...

    Boogie boogie Stevie baby. Irene Handl played the gran.

     
  • At 6:08 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Steve - Yes, Mickey "Monkees" Dolenz was the creative brains behind the whole thing. And who can forget the gran!

    Deemer - Oh my God, Tweekie!! Biddy biddy biddy, hi Buck! I'm really sorry to say this, but I found old Tweeks exceptionally annoying (even if we was voice by Mel "Bugs Bunny" Blanc). I think it's because when Buck Rogers hit the screens in the UK, Dr Who was being simultaneously broadcast and my loyalties (naturally) remained with the latter. Plus the fact K9 was still in DW and could laserbeam Tweekie into a cocked hat. Or something like that. Sorry.

    Timewarden - Coming over all Metal Mickey are we?

    Mother - Nice to hear from you and you're right! It was Irene Handl. You of course will remember it well, Saturday teatimes in York...

     
  • At 6:09 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Thinking about it, maybe I should do a post on "Who's the Coolest Robot"?

    Deemer would of course say Tweekie...

     
  • At 1:47 pm , Blogger matty said...

    Is that a mis-guided R2-D2 -- lost in some other dimension?!?!?

     
  • At 8:55 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Matty - Well, he's a similar shape to R2D2! Unlike the aforementioned robot though, Metal Mickey speaks rather than bleeps!

     
  • At 8:56 am , Blogger The Sagittarian said...

    Ah, Metal Mickey...I daresay it would be time for me to admit to being a Monkees fan back when I was a wee 'un and always had to watch Metal Mickey. Thanks for the memory of that!!

     
  • At 1:56 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    They showed it in NZ, Amanda? Yay!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home