Diary of an old cheeser

Hi there! Like other blogs, this is my chance to wax lyrical (some might say talk utter cr*p) about a) what's happening in my life b) all of my pet obsessions in particular music, tv, movies, books and other generally connected things, quite often of the retro, old and "cheesy" variety. Hence the title of my blog. Feel free to leave a comment if the mood takes you. There's nothing like a good chinwag about one's favourite topics and besides I love to meet new people! Cheers, Simon

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

And the winner...

...of the Old Cheeser Certificate of Commendation for Deliciously Diabolical Donna Dialogue goes to...

*drumroll*

LOST BOY!!!

*Thunderous applause*

Well, he was actually the first blogger to submit a suggestion and I have to say, my own personal favourite. But the rest of you all did very well indeed and I was amused and entertained by many of your suggestions. So ta muchly for participating, everyone! Your certificate's in the post, Lost Boy.

And as this blog is far too tasteful to actually reproduce the winning entry here, I'm afraid you will just have to click on the "comments" link on the previous post, to see why Lost Boy fared so well...

Meanwhile...

...it's just a few days until the unveiling of Season Four! I can hardly believe it! It seems to have come round very fast.


Bought the new Radio Times yesterday which comes in a choice of four Dr Who-themed covers (well naturally, what else could possibly be taking precedence next week) like the one above, which I chose. There's a nice preview section of all the forthcoming stories too, some of which sound very interesting indeed. I'm particularly looking forward to the Sontaran two-parter, the Agatha Christie one and the Steven Moffat one. Oh, and "The Doctor's Daughter", provided Georgia Moffat can cut the mustard and it's a decent script for such a revelatory theme. Have to say though, giving this episode such a name totally blows the gaff, and although we'd all heard the rumours about Peter Whats-his-face's daughter playing the offspring of a Time Lord, it would have been nice to have kept the lid on that one a little longer, by NOT going for such an obvious title. Conversely, they HAVEN'T revealed the title of Episode 12 for fear that it will give the game away, but we all know it's going to include "Davros" or "Daleks" in the title don't we?! RTD is a bit of a law unto himself.

Anyway, Saturday 5 April, BBC 6.20pm...THE place to be.

And apologies for the lack of posts. Real life has been getting in the way again. I will try to write more soon...

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

  • At 7:46 pm , Blogger Lost Boy said...

    Why, thank you; I'm very touched. I'd like to thank the Academy etc etc.

     
  • At 4:31 am , Blogger TimeWarden said...

    I'm gutted!

     
  • At 5:54 pm , Blogger Steve said...

    I'm oddluy excited as Saturday approaches. I just hope I'm not going to be let down big time. By the way I will reply to your email soon! I haven't forgotten - just snowed under!

     
  • At 11:53 pm , Blogger matty said...

    Lost Boy rocks! ...tho, I'm lost.

    I wish I weren't, but I am.

    kisses from too much sun in Oakland,
    matty

     
  • At 5:45 am , Blogger TimeWarden said...

    Hopefully, episode twelve won't be called "Terror of the Toclafane"!

     
  • At 10:08 pm , Blogger The Sagittarian said...

    We're so far behind here it ain't funny! Ah well, he's always good to look at so carry on torturing me, OC.

     
  • At 3:14 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Lost Boy - Good speech, can you finish it please?

    Tim - So sorry! But you were a close runner up! Loved your dialogue!

    Steve - You know it's funny, I actually haven't felt that same sense of anticipation as last time - although once I actually sit down to watch it I think I WILL get excited. However I may not get the chance to see DW tonight - gasp!! - as we are having soem friends over! So may well have to catch up with it on BBC iPlayer. Thank God for that!

    Matty - Why are you lost, pet? At least you have sun!

    Tim - Hello again! Ha ha. Heaven forbid!! "Terror" in more than one sense of the word I think. I never wanna see those pesky little globes again!

    Amanda - When you say "he" I take it you are referring to David Tennant? Get yourself a pin-up for your bedroom wall, love!

     
  • At 1:47 pm , Blogger DanProject76 said...

    There are no D initials in the episode 12 title words so it's not the obvious thing we're all thinking. Or the other thing...

     
  • At 12:35 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    What do you think it is then, Dan?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home