Diary of an old cheeser

Hi there! Like other blogs, this is my chance to wax lyrical (some might say talk utter cr*p) about a) what's happening in my life b) all of my pet obsessions in particular music, tv, movies, books and other generally connected things, quite often of the retro, old and "cheesy" variety. Hence the title of my blog. Feel free to leave a comment if the mood takes you. There's nothing like a good chinwag about one's favourite topics and besides I love to meet new people! Cheers, Simon

Sunday, March 18, 2007

It's all about ME

So. As I was saying, never mind the Irish, 17th March is ALL ABOUT ME!!

Well, I had a fabulous birthday. Got lots of cards from relatives and mates which was very nice indeed. My Mum sent me a Cyberman birthday card which told me I would be deleted it when I opened it (a bit alarming for one's birthday! Still she knows what I like, as last year she sent me a Dalek one - which told me I had to celebrate my birthday or I would be exterminated). I also got the box set of the Second Series of Doctor Who which I am really looking forward to watching - thanks lots, Mum. And best of all, my lovely, lovely hubbie got me a digital camera, which I'd been wanting for ages!! Yaaaay!! Big kisses to Gu. And of course, what better opportunity to christen it by taking lots of photos on my birthday night out, the results of which are below...I love digital cameras, they are sooo excellent and cool!

We went out to a Portguese restaurant near Vauxhall / Stockwell, which did some delicious food, followed by drinks and dancing at The Two Brewers in Clapham, which was great fun. There's always a good atmosphere there and the music is tops. It also helps that I have such lovely mates who are always up for a good time. And at least half of the attendant posse were Brazilian which definitely helped to inject some Latin spirit into the proceedings. I had a totally brilliant time, and, on entering my 39th year have absolutely no intention of slowing down!

Labels:

7 Comments:

  • At 10:37 pm , Blogger matty said...

    Fun!!!!

    ...and, yes, it is all about you!!!

    Happy Birthday!!!

     
  • At 10:53 pm , Blogger TimeWarden said...

    Good pictures from your new camera, Simon, and looks like a fun time was had by all. You've got just under two weeks to play through your series two box set, and remind yourself what happened, before the new series starts! Previously on "Doctor Who"!! As if you need reminding!!!

    Happy Birthday, once again, and glad you had a good one!

     
  • At 7:16 am , Blogger Steve said...

    Glad you had a great time! Bizarrely the main characters in my novel live in Stockwell... tres strange!

     
  • At 9:56 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Matty - thank you darling!

    Tim - yes, the pics came out well didn't they? Erm, I don't think I have time to recap the entire Series Two, help!! Ne'er mind. Yes quite, I have something of a photographic (appropriate metaphor) memory when it comes to Dr Who. Shame I can't remember other things.

    Thank you for your comments!

    Steve - yes I noticed that about your forthcoming novella! Good location! Can you give us a little preview of your novel or is it all a closely kept secret? Apparently Beverley Craven's just moved to Stockwell, so I'm hoping for a cameo from her...

     
  • At 7:13 am , Blogger Steve said...

    Bev C in Stockwell??? Hmm... things could very twisted indeed!

     
  • At 9:07 am , Blogger Steve said...

    Actually, if you're agreeable, I may throw a few questions about the location your way to make sure I'm not writing complete and utter b*ll*cks...?

    Regarding a preview... I may post a short excerpt onto my blog for the delectation of your-good-self and whoever else would like to take a gander...

     
  • At 1:23 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Steve - totally! I can just see Bev playing a drug addict-cum busker who hangs around outside Stockwell station. She's haunted by her past and the fact that she stopped having hits in the mid 90s. She has an annoying habit of singing "Promise Me" to passers-by. Occasionally a generous commuter will chuck her a five pence piece.

    And of course you can ask me about the location. I know some bits of it - we have a friend who lives there who's a hairdresser! And I'd love to read a preview on your blog!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home