Diary of an old cheeser

Hi there! Like other blogs, this is my chance to wax lyrical (some might say talk utter cr*p) about a) what's happening in my life b) all of my pet obsessions in particular music, tv, movies, books and other generally connected things, quite often of the retro, old and "cheesy" variety. Hence the title of my blog. Feel free to leave a comment if the mood takes you. There's nothing like a good chinwag about one's favourite topics and besides I love to meet new people! Cheers, Simon

Friday, October 19, 2007

Vids for the weekend

Well, it's nearly the weekend...So here's another latest dose of vids to get you all jolly! Cos I know I'm feeling like that!



First up, strictly speaking not a brand-newbie but a fairly-newbie, "Push Up" by The Freestylers. They play this in one of my fave gay bars a lot and it's a deliciously danceable slice of pop. The video is an added bonus. The fellas out there will I think particularly appreciate the dancing lady's antics. The ladies and the gay guys will most likely note her manifold costume changes. I especially like her first "look" - pink top with matching pop socks and heels - think I'll rush out and buy the same! The trackie bottoms and beret look later on is pretty cool too. And what IS the young lady doing to that lamppost? In fact she actually looks like a female friend of mine who shall remain nameless. I didn't know that S--- got up to this whilst doing her shopping! The saucy minx! It puts a whole new erotic spin on Oxford Street I wasn't even aware of. Shopping will never be the same again.



Vid numero 2 is this week's classic from the CHEESER VAULT, "Babooshka" by Kate Bush. Another lady humping an inanimate object, in this case, a cello. Oh dear, Kate must have been a bit man-deprived at this stage in her life. The video is stark and simple but nevertheless very effective. Dressed in funereal black, Kate does some highly individual dance moves (including some rather "gay" hand gestures?) before transforming into a scantily-clad warrior of goddess-like proportions. God, she's soooo raunchy. Sadly I bet Ms Bush didn't dress like that to go round Sainsbury's. And watch what you're doing with that sword love! You'll have someone's eye out!

4 Comments:

  • At 5:42 am , Blogger TimeWarden said...

    I like the way you see Kate in the back of her double bass when she spins it round. It's all very bizarre though!

    As for the girl in the first vid humping wood, I wonder what her job was before becoming involved in the pop business?!!

    TAXI!!!

     
  • At 9:00 am , Blogger Steve said...

    If Ms Bush wore such get-up around Sainsbury's I'd shop on-line less often. Babooshka is a wonderful video and one of Kate's best alongside Army Dreamers and Running Up That Hill. What a great start to the weekend!

     
  • At 6:54 pm , Blogger matty said...

    Gotta love Kate!

     
  • At 12:41 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Tim - or should I say Peri Brown? Indeed. And I couldn't comment on what the girl's job was before doing the vid, although Oxford Street is within close proximity to Soho...

    Steve - Indeed x 2. I could just see Kate as a kind of hippy check-out girl, I'm sure she'd help to boost sales considerably. Glad you liked the vid.

    Matty - Indeed x 3!! La Bush rules!! (Kate that is).

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home