Diary of an old cheeser

Hi there! Like other blogs, this is my chance to wax lyrical (some might say talk utter cr*p) about a) what's happening in my life b) all of my pet obsessions in particular music, tv, movies, books and other generally connected things, quite often of the retro, old and "cheesy" variety. Hence the title of my blog. Feel free to leave a comment if the mood takes you. There's nothing like a good chinwag about one's favourite topics and besides I love to meet new people! Cheers, Simon

Friday, November 09, 2007

That Friday feeling (not so good)

For some reason I've been feeling pretty flat and down the last couple of days. With the recent purchase of and moving into the new groovy pad, I really ought to be up, up, UP!! Don't get me wrong, I AM very happy about it, even if it's been taking a while to get things ship-shape. We had a problem with one of the new sofas the other day, very annoying, but I won't go into it...

Anyway I can I think pinpoint my feelings of depression = 1) The oncoming Winter season with its horrid dark mornings and nights (DARK at 4pm! Aaaah!) 2) My current occupation. I'm not going to say much more than that, as bad-mouthing one's job on a publicly accessible blog ain't a good idea. The fact is though that I'm just NOT feeling fulfilled and it's getting to me increasingly. Well, only I can do something to change that. Gustavo has been feeling pretty restless job-wise too and is hankering after a change. But moving house and getting settled has of course been our Number One priority, so it's kind of hard to think of other things right now! Anyhow it will all work out I'm sure, what with a little effort from moi... Soon I'll be able to give these things better attention I hope. Right now though I feel very jaded and tired (in spite of sleeping reasonably well) and just want to curl up into a ball somewhere. TGIF, is all I can say. Oh I am such an emotional Piscean sometimes!

And again, apologies for the less than regular posts.
Although 1-2 posts per week on average ain't THAT bad! I still do not have Internet access at home but that should be remedied soon - as I speak a new broadband kit is on its way through the post - huzzah! Vids for the Weekend is on temporary hiatus. However a new post, Cheeser's Choice, is imminent...

What else? Well, I'm miles behind everyone else as usual in covering the latest, but the Beeb have printed their first pics of the new Sontarans. Here goes nothing:
What do we all think then? Actually some of my fellow bloggers have already posted their opinions. The general consensus regarding the new eggheads is not entirely positive. Someone commented that the Sontarans' new suits are very "Batman Forever" (true enough) and facially they look a bit weird too. I have to agree, I'm not overly keen on the new Sontaran design. Okaaay it's not terrible but the face looks very prosthetic and fake. The best Sontaran make-up was in "The Time Warrior" and after that it all slid rapidly downhill! Still, it is only ONE photo and we haven't seen them on the TV screen yet so all may not be lost.

The "concerned" poses on the faces of the guest cast are quite amusing though. And what IS Donna wearing? She looks like "Girl at C&A / M&S". Mi-ooooow. But she does look decidedly dowdy. Is this a conscious effort on the part of the production team to "de-glam" Donna (after a spate of other pics with her looking quite alluring such as this one or this one) due to the return of a certain Ms Martha Jones? Perhaps young Freema's got a bikini on under that lab coat and is ready to drop it and reveal all! (The days of Peri Brown could be upon us again). Two glamorous assistants might be TOO much. (And incidentally, lest you were all wondering, I HAVEN'T forgotten about the very inventive "continuation" scenes of the Donna-Martha face-off story that you all sent me yonks ago. They all WILL get published! I just haven't been able to do it on my PC at home...)

And...we're only a week away from the Dr Who Children in Need Special!! A fact the Radio Times is celebrating:

Quite a nice cover eh? I've just been and bought my copy at lunch time. And looked in the BBC1 listings - the special is scheduled to show from 8.00-8.30, in between the Spice Girls performing the Children in Need single (Girl Power is BACK!) and John Barrowman singing live in the studio. Sci-fi sandwiched between pure camp basically. Which also means that the special is more likely to run to about 15-20 mins at most if we've got these other "aspects" going on! Well, let's hope it's a decent mini-script. And that Peter D can rise to the challenge of playing the blonde, cricketting one after being absent from our screens for so long.

7 Comments:

  • At 9:09 pm , Blogger matty said...

    Oh, honey -- hope you're feeling better.

    Don't forget -- moving IS considered the number one stressor in life. Period. Loss of life companion/close family member and loss of job follow BEHIND that one.

    So, you might just be feeling the fallout of all that stress plus the norms of life that follow us.

    Just remember to breath.

    I'm one to be giving advice on this stuff, but I thought I'd give it my best shot.

    You've both been thru a lot of stress -- but the great news is that you are now THERE! In your very OWN HOME!!!!!!!

    YOURs!!!

     
  • At 12:41 am , Blogger Boz said...

    It's Moffat. Time Crash will be fiiiiiiine, I reckons.

     
  • At 8:05 am , Blogger Steve said...

    I feel a general malaise at this time of year too... I'm sure it's SAD related. But my guess is after the house move and Brazil trip you're quite possibly run-down and need to recharge your batteries somehow. Sorry to hear the new job is less that ideal... though I can see you have plans afoot to try and remedy that.

    What disturbed me most about the RT cover was Daniel Radcliffe's fluffy moustache. Now that ought to appear in DW - damn scary!

     
  • At 10:05 am , Blogger The Sagittarian said...

    I reckon its the house-moving blues. You'll be fine babe, once the paint dries and you're hauling yer ass homeat night to sit in your own place..slippers at the ready, vino in hand..(or is it the other way around!!) cheers ears, you're "Landed Gentry" now, cock!

     
  • At 3:54 am , Blogger Deemer said...

    Hey I hope you feel better. I agree with what others have written. I know if I don't feel challenged at work then I feel like sh*t. You spend most of your time there, you want it to mean something. So I totally understand. Hope you find the motivation to get thru it though!

     
  • At 12:51 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Hi guys

    Thanks all of you for your lovely comments, appreciate the support.

    It's Monday now and you'll be pleased to hear I'm feeling slightly better!

    Matty - you could well be right, the moving thing has been pretty full-on, not to mention the aftermath. As you might have gathered, we are STILL getting things sorted and that can be bit tiring at times too...

    You're right though, the fact we are IN our home is the most important thing of all!

    Boz - Yes and Mr Moffat has come up with the goods before, hasn't he. Hope you are right!

    Steve - Yep you're most likely right, those things combined can be tiring. And it HAS been hectic of late. Yes I do want to make some changes job wise, just haven't been able to give it my full attention yet!

    Daniel R is still a young whippersnapper so what's he doing with a 'tache?

    Sagi - Slippers?! Pah! Ha ha. But thanks, darling. Yes Landed Gentry or a Duchess, one or the other!

    Deemer - You're absolutely right. Got to start looking for something better...

     
  • At 9:05 pm , Blogger Andrew Glazebrook said...

    It'll be interesting to see what the Sontaran mask looks like in the episode lighting as opposed to the lighting in what is a publicity still, you tend to find that latex etc... can look either real or phony depending on the lighting conditions.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home