Diary of an old cheeser

Hi there! Like other blogs, this is my chance to wax lyrical (some might say talk utter cr*p) about a) what's happening in my life b) all of my pet obsessions in particular music, tv, movies, books and other generally connected things, quite often of the retro, old and "cheesy" variety. Hence the title of my blog. Feel free to leave a comment if the mood takes you. There's nothing like a good chinwag about one's favourite topics and besides I love to meet new people! Cheers, Simon

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Why can't all tube rides be this THRILLING?

Yes, this is for REAL, ladies and gents...

I love it!!

This begs a few questions:

1. Why do so many people in London always react the same way i.e. like nothing is happening and either ignore what's going on around them or carry on reading their bloody Metro? And the "applause" at the end is feeble! Bloody typical, mate!

2. Why can't this happen when I catch the bloody train?

3. Why don't they lay on entertainment like this more often? Bloody hell!

4. How many more times can I say "bloody"?

9 Comments:

  • At 10:33 pm , Blogger matty said...

    Oh, I think you could say "bloody" a lot more!

    I think this sort of reaction is why 3 Non Blonds was funny!

    I don't understand, tho.

    Here, in San Francisco/Oakland, folks would join in and stomp for more. ...but there would be that odd hippie who would scream in protest.

     
  • At 7:32 am , Blogger Steve said...

    It would have been more terrifying if Michael Jackson was actually there doing it. I'd be hitting the emergency stop button pretty fast I can tell you!

     
  • At 1:07 pm , Blogger matty said...

    O! I think I'd have all the more fun if it were Michael Jackson! Tho, one would need to protect the children! ...they are our future!

     
  • At 7:14 pm , Blogger The Sagittarian said...

    Haha, its enuf to make you want to take the train in future! Reminded me of my (misspent) youth when we used to have a code word, and when that particular word came up in any conversation no matter where you were or what you were doing you had to drop to the floor and flail your arms and legs in the air yelling "Dead Ant"....we usually did this as a group when we were out and about. The trick for the "others" was to figure out what word triggered such a weird reaction. Mostly they didn't bother, just got up and moved on. Ah but it was fun....

     
  • At 1:33 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Matty - Okay, I bloody well will then!!

    Aaah yes I know that comedy although I have never watched it...

    Perhaps I should move to San Fran - people sound much livelier and friendlier.

    Steve - You could be right. Especially if he'd turned into a werewolf on the tube.

    Matty (again) - Ha ha!! What on earth are you implying about MJ?!?

    Amanda - That does sound fun!! Although "dead ant" is slightly obscure, to my mind...is it an NZ thing?

    I think it's sad when we become adults we're not supposed to do things like that any more. Why can't we all be children again? At least some of the time? It's liberating!

     
  • At 9:35 am , Blogger The Sagittarian said...

    Simon, you know I always thought the Dead Ant was something we did here that everyone did!! There ya go...at last, something unique. Did I mention the flailing was done whilst on one's back, on the floor (usually grog sodden)...jeez, I almost feel one coming on....DEAD ANT!!!!

     
  • At 2:52 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Well, you know Amanda, I'm not as young as I used to be so perhaps there ARE pockets of British people that play "Dead Ant" that I'm just not aware of. I'd never heard of it before you mentioned it though. You learn something new every day eh? I can see why it's called "Dead Ant" though. I bet you still do it all the time don't you hon? (!)

     
  • At 2:10 pm , Blogger Glenda Young said...

    I'm the sort who hates eye contact on the tube never mind bloody dancing.

     
  • At 10:12 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Ooooh Nora! You may be a Mackem but you're morphed into a typical Londoner now, pet!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home