Diary of an old cheeser

Hi there! Like other blogs, this is my chance to wax lyrical (some might say talk utter cr*p) about a) what's happening in my life b) all of my pet obsessions in particular music, tv, movies, books and other generally connected things, quite often of the retro, old and "cheesy" variety. Hence the title of my blog. Feel free to leave a comment if the mood takes you. There's nothing like a good chinwag about one's favourite topics and besides I love to meet new people! Cheers, Simon

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Funk to funky

Well, Life on Mars was pretty weird and wonderful, so I hope this is even better!!

What can I say, except:

I'm TOTALLY loving the 1980s styling (naturally), including Keeley Hawes' outfit and perm.

And the David Bowie clown looks intriguing.



If you want the lowdown, go here.

BBC One, 9.00 pm, tonight.

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

  • At 5:13 am , Blogger Deemer said...

    Loved the little bit I saw. But for me it was the '80s Audi. I was a big fan when I was younger.

     
  • At 6:59 am , Blogger The Sagittarian said...

    Oh we have had the first series of Life on Mars but not the rest...am keen to see it even tho' the old backwards-forwards thing got a bit tedious; I found that upping the red wine intact pre-show was a good fix for that!!

     
  • At 7:19 am , Blogger Steve said...

    Have to say I was well impressed... so much so I feel a review coming on!

     
  • At 7:45 am , Blogger TimeWarden said...

    Fingers crossed the rest of the series is as good as the opening episode.

     
  • At 4:14 pm , Blogger matty said...

    Wow!

    I really need to move to the UK. I would be able to watch TV and not cringe. I would be able to shop. I would be able to have tea with the Queen. Several, actually.

    This show looks so cool!

    sigh.

    kisses from just east of GayTown,
    matty

     
  • At 7:55 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Deemer - Yes!Did you ever drive an Audi?

    Amanda - Lol!! Surely upping the red wine intake ("intact" darling?!) made watching "Life on Mars" even more of a trippier, weird experience than it already is - what with those voices John Simm keeps hearing on the radio and the spooky test card girl! You must have been bouncing off the ceiling!

    Steve - And you've written one already haven't you! Not to mention your T-Wood appraisal - I just can't keep up.

    Tim - I enjoyed it but had a few reservations...more later.

    Matty - My favourite faggoty fag! I'm sure you've had tea with quite a few queens in your time already, haven't you?

    I'm sure they'll show it on BBC America eventually won't they?

     
  • At 12:55 am , Blogger Deemer said...

    I had an audi in college. An old 80s one. I think it was a 5000s. Before that I a Peugeut. Big fan of euro cars.

     
  • At 8:25 am , Blogger The Sagittarian said...

    Jeez darlin' why does Blogger not have spell check???? (Hic)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home