Diary of an old cheeser

Hi there! Like other blogs, this is my chance to wax lyrical (some might say talk utter cr*p) about a) what's happening in my life b) all of my pet obsessions in particular music, tv, movies, books and other generally connected things, quite often of the retro, old and "cheesy" variety. Hence the title of my blog. Feel free to leave a comment if the mood takes you. There's nothing like a good chinwag about one's favourite topics and besides I love to meet new people! Cheers, Simon

Friday, January 19, 2007

I'm cutting you off, you vipers

Mmm. Interesting little story in the paper this morning. Apparently those CBB housemates caught up in the bullying incident - i.e. the witches - have started to lose lucrative contracts.

The Perfume Shop has removed Jade Goody’s best selling fragrance from the shelves of 150 of its branches. The MD of Perfume Shop has apparently said they won't lift the ban until Jade gets out of the house and explained herself.

And Danielle has lost a modelling deal with insurance company Bennetts. The company said “We are strongly opposed to any form of racism and bullying”.

Well, well, well. What goes around comes around, eh ladies?


Incidentally, Jade’s perfume is called “Shhh”. I find this hilariously ironic, as keeping quiet is the last thing Ms Goody seems capable of doing. I also think the perfume should have an “-it” suffixed on the end of its name. Which would probably be an accurate description of the perfume's smell, anyway. I wonder if Jade created and bottled it herself?


Will I go to hell now?

4 Comments:

  • At 12:32 pm , Blogger Steve said...

    Straight to Heaven I'm afraid mate... this business reaction to the bullying antics of the "infamous three" CBB housemates has really made my day. Mwah ha ha ha!

    Incidentally it was interesting to note that the Carphone Warehouse has withdrawn it's advertizing and endorsement of Big Brother full-stop following this racism hoo-hah. Good riddance, I say. Those Mowbli adverts were getting right on my nellies.

    I think BB is going to have to become more publically accountable if it is to continue in the future. It can only be a good thing.

     
  • At 4:38 pm , Blogger Minge said...

    I also think the perfume should have an “-it” suffixed on the end of its name.

    Hilarious! And good news!

     
  • At 5:50 pm , Blogger matty said...

    Wait -- that's a real ad?!?!? I thought you created it as a joke!?!!?

    Wow. odd. Strange. Creepy.

    A scent you do not want to meet in a dark alley!

     
  • At 8:20 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Steve - Oh good, heaven sounds much better! It seems everyone has felt the same way about the whole bullying thing.

    And yes, Carphone Warehouse's withdrawl is notable...and Channel 4 will need to be a lot more pro-active in dealing with such problems next time. It did step in eventually but by that point it was largely too late.

    Minge - Glad you agree re: the perfume.

    Mattt - Quite. It's a real ad that's been tampered with, of course. I do like the re-vamped version a lot better than the original. Much more honest. Something Jade prides herself on really, eh?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home